Painting Night number 2 – I took my first attempt [Genestealer – Alpha] and examined his strengths and weaknesses.
I had neglected that he has some form of Armour which was present on the model but not visible.
I added this to the model and whilst that was setting, jotted down a change to the way i needed to approach the layers.
Firstly i added the armour to the skull white spray coat.
Then the mercantile red for the claws, tongue and other generic red bits [Remembering that i plan to highlight afterwards.]
Then apply the wash of purple to the model.
The morning after always reveals if it was a good night or waking up with a car crash…..
I only manged to get 5 of the 10 planned done – i had a slight distraction.
General observations were that they look better with a lighter base – black or dark doesn’t work for my visible palette.